Sunday 20 November 2016

Yer Beatle's Blues

Dear Prudence:
Do you want to know a secret?

On my birthday,
I was fixing a hole
With Maxwell's silver hammer
On Penny Lane
When mean Mr. Mustard,
The taxman said,
"Lovely Rita,
Why don't we do it in the road?"

Nothin shakin
That'll be the day
I'll cry instead
Get back, bad boy

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
(Devil in her heart)
She said, she said
I'm a loser

Ooh! My soul
Piggies
Here, there and everywhere
Just a day in the life

So I drove my car
Helter skelter
Across the universe
With Eleanor Rigby
The paperback writer;
She wrote
Being For the Benefit of Mr Kite,
I Am the Walrus
And Your Bird Can Sing

Well, we were searchin'
For Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band
On their magical mystery tour
Eight days a week
This was no day tripper
But I was glad all over
Obla di, obla da

After a hard day's night,
The night before
Yesterday
We stopped at the Yellow Submarine
Near the Octopus's Garden
In was in the middle of nowhere, man
Down the long and winding road
Past strawberry fields forever

Then a girl, Michelle
She came in through the bathroom window
(Don't ask me why)
The two of us
Did the twist and shout
Until good morning, good morning
Here comes the sun

I told her
Wait
We can work it out
And I love her
But this bird had flown
She got a ticket to ride
She's back in the USSR
While my guitar gently weeps
And I can't buy me love

I should have known better
When I saw her standing there
And she said,
"Hello, goodbye
I wanna hold your hand
I gotta get you into my life"

Help!
Lady Madonna
Love me do
Let it be
A good day, sunshine
Let us come together now
Not when I'm 64
Or is happiness a warm gun

Hey, Jude always said,
"All you need is love"
But am I a fool on the hill-
Lucy in the sky with diamonds
If I fell

Thank you girl
For reading the ballad of John and Yoko

All my loving,
From me to you

P.S. I love you
---
November 2008




No comments:

Post a Comment